We gratefully acknowledge the help and support of the following individuals and companies in bringing this great art adventure to life. Their energy, enthusiasm and commitment are very much appreciated.
Thank you so much to Bloomberg whose generous support makes Deckchair Dreams, a public art adventure which transforms the landscapes of London's Royal Parks over summer, possible. About their involvement, they told us:
Bringing together the core strands of environmental sustainability and innovation in education, this dynamic Royal Parks Foundation project not only raises awareness and essential funding to protect green spaces across the city for Londoners as a whole, but also provides an exciting opportunity for local schools to engage creatively with both nature and design. Bloomberg is proud that deckchairs designed by school children and community groups will be showcased alongside those of key designers and that funding raised through the project will be channelled back into the continuing development of the Royal Parks Foundation’s ongoing environmental education initiatives.
Bloomberg is a global business and financial information and news leader, giving influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. Through support of cultural and educational organisations worldwide, Bloomberg demonstrates a strong commitment to expanding access to art and education and to identifying new opportunities to create real impact for the company and for its communities worldwide.
- For more information visit www.bloomberg.com
- Every one of the Deckchair Dreams Artists
- Eyes Wide Digital
- Park Deckchairs
- Gagosian Gallery
- View Creative
- The volunteering team at BNP Paribas
- The unsuspecting Park visitors who kindly acted as extras in some of our deckchair photographs and video!
- Gayna Pelham, fabulous freelance artist
- The teachers and brilliantly imaginative students at Carlisle Infant School
- The teachers and students at St Mary’s Bryanston Square Primary School
- Marite Austrins and the team from Age UK, Bromley and Greenwich
- Pat Ealey and the volunteers at the Holly Lodge Centre, Richmond Park
- The Triangle Centre and United Response Teams
The British Council kindly invited us to support Britain at the launch of EXPO 2010 in Shanghai and to display the Deckchair Dreams collection at the UK pavilion. We are delighted to exhibit our deckchairs on both sides of the world and to foster relations between young people of different cultures.
Shanghai Botantical Gardens
In 2010, deckchairs designed by students and artists from Shanghi were exhibited across London Royal Parks and Shanghai Botanical Garden to sit alongside the UK and Chinese artists’ deckchair collection.