Maggi Hambling Deckchair
Maggi Hambling's beautiful Brixton Heron has become a work of art that you can enjoy in your own home or garden. Made from sustainably sourced Merpauh hardwood and with a quality woven canvas, this deckchair could become a favourite place for you to relax and spot birdlife for years to come, a striking and unusual artwork for your wall, or an original gift for a loved one.
Maggi donated a deckchair design for Deckchair Dreams 2013, supporting the Royal Parks as she believes they are precious oases. We couldn't agree more. About her design, she told us:
Since my first sighting, aged four, of a Heron, this bird has appeared often in my work. The Heron inhabits almost every park in London and my deckchair will, I hope, encourage people to look for and watch these exotic and magical creatures"
Maggi's work is held in many public collections including the British Museum, Tate Collection, National Gallery, National Portrait Gallery, Scottish Gallery of Modern Art and the Victoria and Albert Museum.
A limited edition of 250 deckchairs of each artist's design are available to buy.
- Solid Merpauh wood deckchair frame (from a sustainable source) hand finished with natural Teak Oil
- Printed artist’s woven canvas, suitable for outdoor use
- Deckchair dimensions when flat = 130 x 60 x 6cm
- Each deckchair is made to order so can take up to three weeks to be delivered, but we aim for your order to reach you sooner
- Deckchair orders are dispatched on next day delivery; we will notify you when they have been dispatched.