15 easy ideas for Random Acts of Kindness
This week is Random Acts of Kindness Week, which is a 7 day celebration of kindness.
Imagine if, just for one week, all of your social media feeds were flooded with acts kindness, uplifting stories, inspiring quotes, kind comments… wouldn't it be lovely? Well, that’s the aim of #RAKWeek2015 and we’re here with our quick and simple ways you can make someone’s day.
- Smile at someone on the street, in the park, even on the tube, just because.
- Bring doughnuts (or a healthy treat, like fruit) to work for everyone to share.
- Give someone a book you think they’d like.
- Text someone just to say good morning or good night.
- Make plans with that person you’ve been putting off seeing.
- Be patient.
- When you're throwing something away on the street or in the park, pick up any litter around you and put that in the bin too.
- Volunteer to help kids learn about nature and environment.
- Help someone struggling with their heavy bags.
- Call your mum; she likes it when you call.
- Listen intently.
- Take all your change to your local bank or Coinstar and donate your collection to charity.
- Write a nice comment on your friend’s blog.
- Talk to someone at work who you haven’t talked to before.
- When you hear that negative, discouraging voice in your head, remember to give yourself a break sometimes - you deserve kindness too!
(Image from We Heart It.)
Royal Parks Foundation on Twitter
- Loading latest tweets...