At the Royal Parks Foundation Education Centre we run a programme of activities for people with physical and sensory disabilities.
The centre is accessible to all ages and abilities and the design of the building and surrounding nature trails include various DDA (Disability Discrimination Act) compliant features. Enquire about a visit today.
What’s on offer?
- A secure, fenced garden bursting with flowers, trees, bugs and bees. Guests can explore the grounds with their senses and discover the sounds, colours and smells of nature
- Two bright and airy discovery classrooms that open onto a wooden decking area; perfect for outdoor work on warmer days
- A fully fitted sensory room with soft rugs, bean bags, tactile surfaces and various light stimuli including the bubble tube, UV and fibre-optic lights
- Raised flower beds for horticultural activities such as planting, weeding and garden care
- Two ponds that will bring learning to life; one is raised for easy access
- A range of activity sessions to suit your group
Facilities to help you with your visit
- Ramped access to all areas of the building and gardens
- Disabled toilet amenities
- Use of a hoist to enable access to and from a wheelchair if needed
Guided activity sessions
Book a session with our experienced Education Officers to experience learning entirely suited to people with sensory deprivation and moderate to severe learning needs. We will liaise with you to ensure that the content, level and duration of the activities are tailor-made for your group and deliver a day out that your students will love! Please note that carers and group leaders must attend too.
Self-led sensory room sessions
Make use of our private facility, fitted with an array of colourful, interactive and stimulating equipment designed to enrich the senses. After a compulsory and short training session by a member of our education team, we offer the ability to book a course of visits with complementary material to immerse your students in the beauty of the wider Park.
Enquire about a visit
Bring your students to our Education Centre to uncover, discover and be inspired by the natural world.